A recent BureauTrends analysis reveals that 3 out of 4 marketing managers among Danish advertisers are lost in terms of attributing the effects of digital advertising.
They have not found an alternative to cookie-based measurements and attributions, which are gradually eroded by the increasing focus on consumer privacy. This situation makes it difficult to measure both consumers’ interactions with external advertising and their behavior on a company’s own website or webshop.
Therefore, new solutions are needed to replace the old approaches based on cookies or other identity-based keys. A holistic and independent solution is already available, and marketers should not give up. However, the increasing focus on privacy in legislation and its interpretation in the EU and Denmark makes direct measurement and advanced attribution of digital advertising effects increasingly challenging.
This is because third-party systems’ ability to track and measure users’ interactions with digital advertising is disappearing, and it is practically impossible for companies to track and measure all consumers when they enter a company’s digital assets, such as a webshop. It is not a new but an increasingly urgent situation, with 3 out of 4 Danish marketing managers indicating that they have not yet found a replacement for traditional measurements and attributions of digital effects from advertising.
Annalect’s digital attribution solution is unique in that it attributes the effects of all digital activities completely independent of the choice of media channels, devices, and closed ad systems. The solution models the effects and is thus completely independent of limited identity-based keys such as cookies.
Annalect’s digital attribution is based on machine learning principles and uses millions of data points across all digital media platforms used. At the same time, the solution includes external influences, ensuring correct attribution to digital initiatives across all digital media.
The following aspects should be highlighted about the unique solution ‘Annalect Luminous’:
- It is independent of cookies or other limited IDs and is therefore not affected by changes in legislation and the restrictions that different browsers (e.g. Safari, Firefox, and Chrome) implement.
- It is integrated with all relevant digital media platforms in the market and thus addresses the problems of walled gardens. It creates a holistic and independent overview of performance.
- It uses AI and machine learning algorithms to attribute the effect of all touchpoints and therefore does not assign all effect after simplified rule-based attributions.
- It attributes digital effects very granularly down to formats, creatives, line items, ad groups, etc., thanks to a systematic mapping of campaign activities.
- It includes external factors that affect the effect of digital initiatives, including investments in offline media such as TV and radio, as well as other macro factors such as weather and season.
- It also allows measurement and attribution against non-digital KPIs, so you can include, for example, offline sales from stores and combine it with online sales.
The solution has been developed over the last three years, and thanks to Annalect’s unique approach to integrating data sources, granular mapping of campaigns, and self-developed machine learning engine, advertisers can now secure better digital attribution than ever before.